March 24, 2021
Sooooo much has happened since we checked in last. Many hands have been hard at work. I am grateful and impressed every day by the group of people God has brought together to do this work. My prayer is that each of them receives a reward beyond anything they could think or imagine! Here is an update on completed work since last post:
- painting was completed, just a few touchups remain
- all lighting is hung and live
- ethernet wires run
- Floors patched, filled and fully skim coated. The “pit” that was filled with grimy water when we moved in has disappeared!
- plugs, switches are installed
- flooring was installed in the bathrooms and janitor closet
- doors installed and painted
- door handles installed
- sound booth counter installed
- hot water tank installed
- fire alarm equipment complete
- bathroom tile complete
- sound equipment installation started
- all flooring and trim is on site ready to go
- digital closet shelving
There are many others in between- but today probably one of the most exciting moments… RUNNING WATER! Kelly is getting sinks and toilets installed in our three washrooms so we will very soon be able to send back the port-a-potty. Kyle’s Toilets has donated the toilet since July- such generosity! If you EVER need services like his PLEASE call him 🙂
Tomorrow we have a prelim inspection to ensure that we’ve checked all the boxes and are trusting this will go well. We don’t have an exact launch date yet as there are many variables at play still- but I can tell you it is very close!! If you haven’t been by in awhile and would like to see the progress please reach out to Pastor Andaza or myself (Amanda) or you can go through the contact us page at joyfountainchurch.com.
Pressing on to the finish line on this project we are still needing to raise funds. Are you able to help? This space is going to be a centre for every age and will serve the community- it will be a home for people to learn, grow, serve, and be discipled. I am so grateful to God for the journey He has taken me on since October 2019 when this all began- each time I fell down and was overwhelmed He sent help and encouraged me to keep going- this is His project- I have faith that He will provide!